Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Happy Holiday everyone!!! (September 2, 2013)

So here is all of my excitement for you!
1) Guess what....I'm getting FACEBOOK TOMORROW!! So weird!! Anyways we will be trained tomorrow and then we will be getting an hour of facebook cada dia! I can't believe I will be teaching online. It's super weird! Seriously I am excited and overwhelmed because I really don't want people to communicate with me unless it's about the gospel. BUT I want all of you members to be online so when I teach the gospel I can have a member present!! Yes, it's real, and seriously we get the lowest numbers on those so seriously we love member presents! Also I will be using my own personal account so no one freak when I am on....oh that's weird.
2) I received your lovely package and I am so excited. I kept pulling things out, I felt like a magician. haha.....the wizard lizard.....(well only Lauren, Carmen, and Paige will get that, but that's ok). I loved everything in the package and will write you (family) a letter back once I am holding all of your letters in my hand, because I don't remember if there was anything I had to address to you.
3) So remember that song that I had you send Mom? I played for a baptism for Hma. Abarca and Fries. I LOVE THAT SONG! Seriously, it is beautiful. That baptism was a little emotional for me because even though I never taught him we lived with the missionaries that did and so every trial he went through we knew about and just seeing him there, it was like watching a nephew (that I don't have) just grow up and follow the Lord.
4) So a miracle happened this week. Janice, our investigator, we were totally frustrated with. We didn't feel like she really wanted to hear our message because she loved her church so much and so we were ready to drop her as an investigator. Well we got a call from Sister Love (a member) who went to visit her and while she was there, Janice told her that she wanted to be baptized. MIND BLOWN. We found out that she got that desire after riding home with another member. Janice was complaining about this person at church and how she knew he was doing something bad and then the member said that it wasn't his place to judge and that he could do whatever because Christ is the judge. Well that totally changed her heart and the second we went into our lesson with Janice she told us that she wanted to be baptized. She is quitting smoking this week (which she has tried to do 3 times) because she wants to be a member. It is amazing to see what the Lord does! When we taught her the Word of Wisdom we left her the pamphlet that talks more about it. Well she read the whole thing and then told Sister Love that she wanted to get a blessing. (OH MY GOSH!!! - that was my mind when I heard that). So after church Brother Love gave her the most powerful blessing in the entire world!!! Seriously, I felt exhausted after listening because it was that good! That man has some serious power.
5) There have been so many times this week where I have wanted to just fall to my knees because the Spirit is so strong in a lesson and I can see the person changing right before my eyes. I am finally beginning to understand how someone can totally become overwhelmed with the Spirit. It is so cool and so sad to leave because the Spirit is there testifying to these people and I just want to sit there and enjoy it...and the air-conditioning.
6) So some weird service my companion did was we kind of went shopping. Let me explain, Faires, Clint's wife had no clothes for Sunday, literally she only had pajamas and so felt awkward in church. Well we got the ok to take her shopping but only one of us could go. So my companion went with a member while I went out teaching with another. Well about 2 hours later and over 100 dollars spent (we were given that much). She looked absolutely beautiful at church. She had confidence that I had never seen before in her. She texted us before church asking if we could take pictures of her and her husband because she hadn't had something that nice to wear in a long time. It was awesome!!
7) So let me tell you about the Love Family. I talked about Sister Love in my last letter and how great she was, but really she is. We went to their house for dinner on Sunday knowing that it was going to be a full house (about 3 families), well that turned into 6 families....plus Janice was there so that whole dinner...it turned into a member present! (I promise we are not about numbers, but for member presents...we are)
8) This weekend I received a very strong testimony about following the rules. There was a baptism on Saturday and after we wanted to go to Noemi's because she needed to go to church to be confirmed (it didn't happen). Anyways the elders had told us to never go there at night, but we had the car and the other sisters and so I felt safe. Well we drove to her house, parked outside, and stared at her house. Well while we were staring a man came out of the shadows and stood in front of our car. He made a drug sign at us once we were all staring at him and starting to freak out. We wanted to leave but he was standing in front of our car and we didn't want to kill him. Well the second he moved over to the driver's window to get some drugs (well so he thought) we booked it out of there so fast. Our hearts were pounding and we were really glad that we took the car and didn't leave the car. So that night we told the District Leader what we had done and severely repented of what we had done. But we are safe and we will never EVER go there again after dark. Poor Sister Fries was so scared that whole night even after we were safe in our beds. But the church is still true!
I love you all and can't wait to talk to you later!

Love,
Hermana Aimee Rich 

 


P.S. This ward needs to be like Rancho Sereno with missionary work. Seriously "yea if all members were like unto those in the Rancho Sereno Ward the very powers of Hell would be shaken forever and Satan would have no power over the hearts of the children of men". I'm pretty sure that's a scripture, word for word. These members understand missionary work. They are always willing to help us and are doing missionary work on their own as well. I wish you could be here to see what this ward does with missionaries and for missionary work. These members love it! Every person has a fellowship and not just one, usually like 5. Every new investigator is like family that is quickly accepted and brought into the fold. Seriously, this is a ward that I want to bring you to after my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment