Things are going well here, I can't wait to
head out to Arizona!
1) I got a calling last week to be the
Music Coordinator so for this Sunday I'm playing the piano in Sacrament
Meeting. Also we are doing a musical number as a district because this is our
last Sunday. We are doing the EFY Medley in Spanish! It is so cool! I'm glad
that we found it, we just need stronger voices from the elders. At least I am fulfilling
my calling and won't have to speak in Sacrament Meeting.
2) So I absolutely LOVE Mormon Messages.
They get me through the day! I feel bad that I haven't been really sharing any
great spiritual revelations so I will try to be better at that. Yes, I am
actually feeling the Spirit here. You all should watch the Mormon Message about
being a Father. That one right now is my absolute favorite. In the gym here you
can workout while listening to Mormon Messages and that is my favorite thing to
do. It is so motivating especially when you are dead tired and all you want to
do is die or fall off the bike but somehow those messages just keep me going.
3) So we had a Sister Training Leader last
week who gave pretty pathetic hugs...like she wouldn't even touch them except
with her arms. No body contact. Well apparently I was used as the example on
how to hug.... I had no idea my hugs were so great. I think it comes with the
size. It helps to be so short.
4) So for TRC we had it via Skype and so we
were talking with a girl from Spain. It was AWESOME! She had just gone through
the temple and has her mission call to Argentina and doesn't report until
October. It was so hard to understand her but the Spirit was there. We laughed
a lot and talked about our favorite hymns. BTW they are looking for people to
help in TRC via Skype. They are looking for natives and it is really a lot of
fun so if anyone might be interested in the Providence wards or Quaker Hill
Branch on byu's website. Just in the search type in TRC....I think
5) My birthday was interesting. It was
Wednesday so all of the new missionaries came in. I was able to host and so
brought a girl around the MTC and got her all of the things she needed and into
class. It was fun and nice to be outside, even if it rained a bit. Everyone in
my district forgot that it was my birthday until someone asked. They had all
thought it was different days. Once they figured it out it was today they
wished me a happy birthday. The cafeteria did not realize it was my birthday
because they decided to have the crappiest food of the week. I love cereal.
However that night after we got back from class, my companion and other
roommates celebrated my birthday the best they could MTC style. (Pictures to follow).They
made me a cake out of a take-out box covered with Oreos on top and twizzlers
stuck in the box as candles. We also had pizza rolls fresh from the vending
machine as well as a hot pocket and chips and salsa. For decorations we used
the green necklaces and glow sticks and draped them over the ladder to one of
the beds. It was a real party. All we needed was a bouncy house and a gallon of
dip!
6) I got your package yesterday. I was so
excited! The cinnamon rolls were so delicious that we had them for a bedtime
snack and then for breakfast this morning. Also thank you everyone for your
well wishes and gifts. It was greatly appreciated and I felt very loved.
7) We had in-field orientation yesterday.
That was an eternity.... It seriously went all day and while most of the
information was good. I just don't understand why they wait until now to give
it to us! We had Brother Christianson (from the District 2) talk to us/teach
us. He is so awesome! He is hilarious and totally outgoing which was weird
because in the District he is so quiet and never talks. Anyways....I am so glad
that that is over and done with. Plus we watched an hour and a half video this
morning and about health safety on our missions. It was the dullest thing of my
life! I seriously want to re-write/re-record that because mine would be a total
of 15 minutes. The main point would be called "Common Sense". haha I
don't have much patience do I?
Love you all!
Hermana Rich
No comments:
Post a Comment