Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Hooray it's P-day!!! (July 12, 2013)

Hello all,
Today is another glorious P-Day! It is raining outside but that just makes me more happy because that means that it is nice and cool outside!
So here is my list of what went on this last week in the life of Hermana Rich.
1) Well as we all know, I am very sassy. Brother Draper (my teacher) learned that this week. We always sing before we start class and no one was really listening and so everyone kept asking what number the hymn was that we were going to sing. Well, the elder next to me asked, and I just turned to him and said "it hasn't changed!". Brother Draper just looked at me and started laughing like he couldn’t believe what I had said. I was just so tired of everyone shouting the number across the room to those who weren't paying attention so I expressed my frustration. Haha, good thing the elder next to me knows I'm sassy.
2) I want you all to know that on July 6th at approximately 10:46, 10:48, and 10:53 I shot my first three-pointers in knock-out. I am too legit to quit. Lauren, tell Trevor he would have been so proud of me. All those practices and playing Woosh-Cecil paid off. Since then, every gym time I at least get one three-pointer. Oh yeahhh!
3) For my birthday, could you (Mom) send me the skirt from the Sister Missionary Mall that I accidentally left behind? It's brown (my only brown one). It would be nice to have another skirt
4) Sister Susan Black came and talked to us on Sunday. She is hilarious! I wish I took her class at BYU (she is retired now). What an awesome speaker! After that my companion and I listened to a talk given by Elder Bednar titled "The Characteristics of Christ". It was so good! Those there were all severely chastised but in a way that made us want to be better. It was so great. Hopefully you can all see it. He gave it here at the MTC and it was on a DVD so hopefully it is available somewhere.
5) I am SOOO SICK OF THE FOOD HERE! I guess that comes with being in the MTC for so long. I walked into the cafe with the quote "Is there anything here that's not deep fried or swimming in gravy" (Yzma, Emperor's New Groove)? Guess what they were serving??? Fried chicken, covered in gravy. So my diet has consisted of wraps and salads. Those get old really really fast.
6) Brother Draper apparently writes to our Branch President as part of his job. Well President Collett (my B.P.) told me that Draper told him that I "keep the class on task". I'm pretty sure that he was talking about someone else in class. I'm the one who is usually distracted by someone else doing something....like making a face at me. So how that came about I have no idea.
7) Brother Draper is leaving for the Mexico MTC to train the teachers there today. So for our last night with him as our teacher he shared with us a talk by Elder Holland that he gave to the MTC January 2011. It is on youtube with Spanish subtitles. It was so inspiring and motivating that I'm glad he shared it.
8) Where the heck are all my letters family?!?!?! Es un chiste?? (Is this a joke?) I was promised a letter from everyone and the only ones who love me are Dax, Dad, and Mom. Chaz and Brynly, do you love me?? I looked forward to a letter everyday and only the few wrote to me. Yes, I'm calling you to repentance. Chaz and Bryn I want a letter from the two of you. Preferably on two different days so it looks like I'm loved.
9) The best part of the MTC is definitely going to the Gym or sleeping. I love the gym because you get to interact with people and it does not matter if you can speak Spanish because no one does and you are not worried about how to teach your lesson. All that matters is winning the round of knock-out. Sleeping is great because as Hermana Law as taught me "it's like being dead without the commitment". It is the most relaxing part of the day.
10) The most spiritual part of the MTC so far has been that talk by Elder Holland that Hermano Draper shared with us. It was so good and inspiring. Yes, I am now making you all watch it because I don't want to tell you anything about it.
11) Things that make me happy. Well, getting letters, because it's proof that someone loves you. I also love reading my scriptures a.k.a. personal study because it allows me to be with my thoughts and really just zone out from the real world. Also I have been teaching my companion to sing and so that means that I'm playing the piano which is another highlight of my day. I love being able to play and just concentrate on what I want to change when I'm playing a certain hymn. Also she loves learning to sing and I just love music.
12) My companion is doing well. I'm not sure what she thinks of me but I know she thinks that I'm pretty chill and she is glad that we are companions. Honestly, me too. It is hard to always be in charge/keep track of someone else, but I know it will be weird when it is over and I won't have anyone beside me.
All in all things are going well here at the MTC. I can't believe how fast it is flying by and how soon I will be in Arizona. I do not feel ready at all but I know that I will be in about 16 months. Time flies in the MTC, hopefully the food will be but a memory. Seriously, my favorite food here is cereal. I always know what's in that. Haha. Well I think that's it for now. Much love to everyone all over the globe. Because that is where you are....well ok...just 'Murica.
Love,
Hermana Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment