Hola Familia y Amigas!
I have been planning this whole week
on what I needed to say in my letter!
I got to meet my Mission President this
week! He was here for the training and so set up a meeting with my district. He
is super tall, which means 7'. He is very nice and already said that we were
his favorite because we will be the district that is the first to come out
since he arrives in Tempe. I asked about how often we would get to go to the
temple and he told me that he was not sure yet what the status was on that but
that he would let us know.
Funny story about laundry last week. So
my comp. and me did a load together because we didn't have a lot of clothes
anyway that were dirty. So she told me not to worry because she had detergent
and all would be well. Well we were throwing our clothes in and she hands me
downy and I just looked at her. So then I had to explain to her that Downy was
fabric softener and thus would not clean clothes and so we still had to get
detergent (they sell it there and you charge it to your card that they give you
money to spend on). So needless to say she had been washing her clothes for a
couple of weeks with fabric softener only. Thank goodness the MTC is here to
teach you how to do laundry.
Janice Kapp Perry came and spoke for
our devotional. She is hilarious! She was telling a story about how her husband
and her met and apparently he first talked to her right before a test or
something. She played the clarinet and was warming up for her performance when
he came up to her and said that her lips looked like they were made for more
than just playing. Well after she said that he got up and grabbed her face and
kissed her! There were tons of yelling and clapping and then elder stood and
clapped and then those on the stand stood up and clapped. It was the most irreverent reverent fireside ever. After he did that she said, "well I
know my husband like a book, but sometimes we're not on the same page". Also during that devotional she announced
that there is a new EFY Medley. So because the words to "As Sisters in
Zion" have been changed, that song had to be changed. Also they do not
sing the YW theme anymore. The song has a new name...I just didn't write it
down. It was so cool we got to sing it and we were all standing by the end of
the song.
The temple is closing very soon.
With that we are all sad because we really wanted to go every week. However,
the temple called and asked us to help clean so we still get to go every week
but now we will be helping them clean. It's kinda cool. I have never got to do
that before.
Here is one of the dumb things I did this
week. I was standing in the hallway when I looked down and saw these two elders
wearing full suit coats and backpacks and I got really excited and in my mind
shouted, "Oh my gosh missionaries!" Then I realized that it wasn't an
uncommon site and that I was a missionary myself.
Another funny story...I accidentally insulted
the District Leader. He was talking about how loose he is when he isn't doing
missionary work. Then something about his life and I just said "well that
sucks" or something to that effect. Basically I told him that his life
sucks. Well the elders next to me had to leave the room because they were
laughing so hard. The District Leader didn't catch it so that was good. But
yeah,....I really need to not say everything that comes to mind.
Well all is well here at the MTC, I love
you all!
Hermana Rich
No comments:
Post a Comment